So, what do we think? If growth figures are as bad as expected, which excuse do we think the baby-chancellor will use today? We've had the "Wrong Kind of Snow" and we've had "Too Many Bank Holidays." Suggestions for today have already been posited : "The Japanese Tsunami" and "The Royal Wedding" (though I'm sure he said the Royal Wedding would be good for this quarters growth figures before....)
Here's my top ten suggestions, please vote below and we'll see how accurate we were later.
1) The dog ate my growth
2) Too many people watched The Apprentice instead of setting up their own businesses
3) The ONS refuse to include imaginary growth or money trees in their projections
4) A flock of marauding geese ate all our tax returns
5) The Cheryl Cole brand got tarnished leading to a fall in consumer confidence
6) The weather in May was particularly hot and no-one bought any woolly garments.
7) It's all Rupert Murdoch's fault. (Well, everything else is, it might work Dave?)
8) Aliens in fact landed sometime last May and took over the bodies of the entire front bench. They are secretly working against me to undermine our prosperity.
9) I told my butler to "Keep the Change"
10) I'm just really, really bad at economics and should not have control over my children's piggy banks, never mind the wealth of a nation.