1) ATOS assessors do not have to be medically trained
2) ATOS tell assessors they are dealing with "claimants" not "patients" they teach assessors that they are "not in a caring profession"
3) ATOS decisions are appealed 39% of the time, with up to 70% of appeals upheld at costly tribunals. Tribunals are costing the country £11 Million per year (120,350 weeks of ESA payments)
4) ATOS CEO earns £626,000 per year of tax payers money - enough to pay ESA for 6,849 weekly payments for those in genuine need.
5) ATOS use a tick box computer system to do their assessments. Most illnesses and disabilities do not conform to tick-box responses.
6) ATOS are finding people with illnesses as severe as terminal cancer, advanced Parkinson's fit for work. Others have died before a tribunal can be completed.
7) ATOS were paid £150 Million (£150,798,434.69 to be specific) between April 2009 and April 2010 by the government. This would pay for 1.64 MILLION weekly ESA payments.
8) ATOS staff are given just 5 days training before they are considered capable of assessing complicated conditions
9)ATOS call centre has just 57 call handlers to manage up to 2000 calls a day. Calls are continually left unanswered leaving claimants frustrated and frightened.
10) ATOS have a monopoly on sickness and disability assessments. Only their view counts.