Morning spoonie warriors.
Nice day for the second reading of the Welfare Reform Bill.
You can watch it on the Parliament Channel shortly after PMQs.
Obviously, we can't watch all those politicians discussing OUR futures without some fairly hardcore support, so here's my special spoonie guide to political debates.
1) Time to get your meds together. Anything analgesic (to stop pain), anti-psychotic (to stop fury) , anti-emetic (to stop vomiting) and anti-anxiety (to stop sheer incredulous horror) a will help
2) Nice, hot, sweet tea will give a little comfort. This is especially good taken with Toblerone.
3) Have the following tracks on your ipod, ready to drown out particularly obnoxious and ignorant fools :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skh6Bp_M_-o I'm Still Standing (no pun intended)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtIKTW85e5Q I Will Survive - Singalong version!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY High Hopes
4) Remember that the party you DON'T support will say things that make you want to shoot the TV, but it's their job. Cheer extra loud when your guys say something you like.
5) Finally, remember that nothing will happen today. This is just to make sure that there are plenty of jobs for politicians at this difficult time. We MUST keep them active or morale will drop. They will obfuscate, lecture and patronise, but they can't help it - it's all they know.
If all else fails tune out and laugh at their sill haircuts or impossibly unfortunate faces or horrific ties. It works for me.