I think I'll make this a series. If you pointed every logic-fail out to the nurses, you'd be talking forever.
So to kick off, Patient Rest Time :
1) Enforce a patient rest time between 1pm and 3pm. Switch off all the lights and close all of the blinds there and then. Even if everyone in the bay asks for them to be left open, do not allow this. Use whatever means necessary to assert your authority.
2) Once you're sure it's completely dark, deliver lunch.
3) Make sure that staff do not modify their behavior in any way and that all 20-30 are having to shout at once to hear one another in the corridor. In fact, this is also a good time to hash over last night's tequila related incidents.
4) Schedule all blood tests, physio sessions and dietitians between 1pm and 3pm
5) Remove lunch uneaten from those who actually managed to sleep through the cacophony.