Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Counting Blessings

I just found this little post I didn't publish before. I'm home now, but.....sniffle

So finally, after months of misery, I'm having my op later today.

I've been away from my children for 8 out of the last 12 weeks. I have a physical ache where they should be. Every minute of every day I hear their voices, see their faces wonder who is folding them in their arms when they're sad or hurt. I know it isn't me and the pain roars. As I stayed home last night, they walked into my bedroom cautiously as though their faces were lit by Xmas. Is she really here?

I can't wait to make a nice warm stew on a chilly spring day and watch them mop up every drop with bread I cut to shape like clouds

I want to pick them up from school. I want it to be MY face that lights up their world at the end of the day. I want to pretend to give in over staying at the park and just for once, say yes to the ice cream van.

3 comments:

  1. Just popped in from UKPR to wish you all the best today, Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard! you Scarlet Pimperenell you!! How the jolly hell is it?

    ReplyDelete