Sunday, 14 December 2014

Just because I'm a Hypocrite, doesn't make Me Wrong

I know I'm an inverse snob. I doubt the ability of aristocrats to run the country for the common good. Actually, that's not true. I doubt the ability of Tories to run the country for the common good. I doubt their will to and their motives too.

I think in my heart that Osborne and Cameron are privileged and arrogant and incapable of empathising with about 99.8% of their own public.

If it placates my critics at all, I know that I do this, I know that it's unreasonable and I know that it will never quite be kicked from my council estate and heavily chipped shoulder.

I also know that a long line of Labour politicians have come up through very similar backgrounds and I didn't doubt their ability to understand my life. Three of the most aristocratic of all were my very favourites.

So I'm a hypocrite.

But come on! They do absolutely nothing to confound my prejudices.

It's like they actually attempt to be as aristocratic as they possibly can.

It seems champagne quaffing has doubled since Cameron came to No. 10 B40sNCnCIAE5m6f.jpg

It's perfectly possible to google pictures of our Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Mayor of London in Auber-elite Bullingdon shirt and tails.  http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/viva-la-geek.html

Osborne discussed the Autumn Statement in which he wanted to return spending levels to those of 1930, from a Bentley factory.



Something that sounded like quite a good idea - the Character Innovation Fund - ended up being apparently about "instilling a military ethos" in young people. All very Dad's army.
http://www.quaker.org.uk/news/quakers-object-millions-funding-developing-military-ethos-classrooms

Our Prime Minister has averaged 5 holidays a year. Whilst not even attempting to look like running the country taxes him even a little bit. (Pun intended) David-Cameron.jpg



It's just all so very depressing. I feel like I've inadvertently wandered into an Edwardian Novel. The poor laws are alive and kicking utterly trumped by about 7 of IDS favourite cruelties. We're blaming immigrants just like they do in Tressell's Ragged Trousered Philanthropist 100 years ago.

Can't we just do the 60s again instead and pretend this was just all one awful LSD trip?

12 comments:

  1. OH and I both read a novel this week about "what if" we hadn't continued fighting in WWII beyond 1940. "Dominion by C J Sansom (published 2012). Seems to me most of what he imagined might have happened actually is happening now under this so called "government". I despair. And totally agree with your final sentence!

    Hope you are doing better health wise. Best wishes from Liverpool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great if it were the 60s again LSD trip or not, but sadly we have this incompetent lot coming at us daily. I now wish I had thought of the things you have written in this blog, in the order you have. Thank you for ordered remembrance of what Osborne is!

    Kind regards
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Russell Brand was right on Thursday on Question Time that the big problem is that the current crop of politicians have been to university, studied politics and then gone straight into politics, with no experience of the real world.

    When we get back to electing people who have experienced life and real work/unemployment who respect their constituents, the country will improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few politicians with experience of the real world. Unlike the 1960s there aren't any with first hand experience of the hardships of the 1930s. Unfortunately it looks like the present shower are going to drag us back to those times so at least the next generation of politicians will have a bit of knowledge of tough times.

      Delete
    2. Politicians used to be older many of those with huge power are not worldly wise enough to use that power responsiblycurrentlyshould be a min age of 55

      Delete
  4. Why do the names Scameron, IDS, McVey et al come to mind?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGyvxqYSbE&feature=share

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I'd really like to interview you for Lacuna magazine's Insider section on rights campaigners. It would look something like this:
    http://www.lacuna.org.uk/insider/an-interview-with-clare-sambrook/ or this: http://www.lacuna.org.uk/insider/an-interview-with-katharine-quarmby/

    Is this something you'd be interested in? If yes, could you DM me a contact on Twitter so I can send you details.
    Thanks!
    @Rebecca_Omonira

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Jessica Luis, and I base in USA...My life is back!!!
    After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt
    like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally
    down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr DADA , which
    i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I
    came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some
    people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that
    he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can
    cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular
    testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he
    brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her
    testimony she dropped Dr DADA e-mail address. After reading all these,I
    decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my
    problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our
    issues, and we are even happier than before Dr DADA, is really a gifted man
    and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you
    have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to
    solve all your problems for you. Try High hinduspiritualtemple@gmail.com
    anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact:
    hinduspiritualtemple@gmail.com




    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Sarah Henry, My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with a kid . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spiritualist called prophet omija which i meet online on one faithful day as i was browsing through the internet in search for help, I came across alot of testimonies about this particular spiritualist. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lovers back, some testified that he restores womb,won court cases and other sicknesses, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Linda,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email prophetomija@gmail.com and explained my problems to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before. Prophet omija is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you try him now and he will solve your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think your personal hashtag is good think
    find me on Gaya Bahasa or Surat Lamaran Pekerjaan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great read! Your blog is really interesting. I thought you might like the filmed programme- ‘QuestionDine 2015: Election Candidates with chips’.

    In the short video, prospective parliamentary candidates sit down for supper with young volunteers to discuss the big political ideas .From immigration, economic growth and the EU to free speech, humanitarian intervention and building homes ourselves; they put cracking questions to candidates. But, do they get answers they are looking for? You decide.

    You can watch the short video here: http://www.worldbytes.org/questiondine-2015-election-candidates-with-chips/

    We would be delighted to get your feedback/comments on the video and would very grateful if you would embed the video and share this programme with your friends and networks who may be interested.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete